Decision Metrics consults with public and private organizations.
Principal analyst and consultant Steve Robinson, MBA (Stanford Business School) has decades of experience in consulting and managing private for-profit and nonprofit businesses and governments at all levels (national, state, county, city and school district).
Areas of special expertise include:
- Government relations: advocating for progressive policies at the state capitol and local jurisdictions..
- Policy analysis: producing reports and presentations based on solid research.
- Performance measurement: developing measurement systems and data to help managers improve performance.
- Balanced scorecard: reporting performance data to stakeholders in a user-friendly way.
- Strategic Planning: roadmaps to success for larg and small organizations, emphasizing top-to-bottom involvement.
- Spreadsheet standards: developing standards and templates that comply with new requirements and safeguard your organization's key electronic documents.
- Spreadsheet graphics: training in techniques for producing compelling spreadsheet-based reports.
Recent items of interest on tax expenditures
Watch a video of Steve Robinson's address to the City Club of Eugene on January 20, 2012. It starts at the 4-minute mark and lasts 21 minutes, followed by Q&A.
Download a PDF version of Steve's June 12, 2011 commentary in the Register-Guard, "The tax-break trap: If Oregon had kept tax 'loopholes' in check, state would be in the black." Or read the original online commentary (if the link is still active).
Here's the essay "Time to Pop the Balloon" appearing in the Eugene Weekly March 15, 2012.
Read the related Blue Oregon post.
See the June 1, 2011 Statesman-Journal editorial on our tax expenditure work.
View a PDF of the slide show "
Income Tax Expenditures and the Great State Budget Crunch," a full version recently presented to the Oregon Hunger Task Force, or a shorter version presented to the Human Services Coalition of Oregon.
Contact us at 541-554-2335 or email@example.com